We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler ski season help needed

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
Save Topic
Whistler ski season help needed

I'm coming to Whistler in November for the upcoming 09/10 ski season, a friend of mine has a house there so I will be staying there.

I'm looking for jobs out there and I don't know how to go about applying for them.

I have taken A levels in in the UK, and have a full CV complete, I live near London.

I have experience in food preparation, cooking, drinks, and catering, that is the area I'd like to work in, but any job would be good! I also have very good knowledge with computers and electronics but I doubt that will be of any use out there!

So just tips on how I should apply for jobs there, and how I get a working permit/working visa for the whole season?

Thanks

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler ski season help needed

Check out the local newspaper Piquemagazine www.piquenewsmagazine.com for local jobs, also check on www.whistlerblackcomb.com for human relations and see what is on their. There is a jobfair usually somewhere October/November where all local companies are present and take interviews or appointments for interviews.

You may also check www.mywhistler.com

I am not sure what next season is going to bring, last season was pretty slow due to economics and lot of people were send home, hopefully will get better soon, but I am pretty sure lots of local people are looking for jobs too.

I don't know about workpermits, search google and I am sure you will find out.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler ski season help needed

If you have hospitality skills, your might look at applying from where you are to the Fairmont and any other large international chains. Fairmont has people working at it that are from all over the world that will transfer from location to location.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler ski season help needed

here's some info about work permits in Canada from the UK.

dfait-maeci.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-roy…

Canadian Website

www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

Whistler Blackcomb Job Posts

whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/…index.htm

4. Re: Whistler ski season help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:18