We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Cayman Islands
10 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in October

Hi There,

I will be in Whistler for a conference the last week in October. What activities can be recommended during the little down time that I will have? What about recommended restaurants and night life?

Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in October

Hi Boogie 33

Welcome to the Whistler Forum. I think autumn is a wonderful time. It is the shoulder season in Whistler between summer and ski season. I believe the lifts close around October 12 and reopen the last week November, so the Peak to Peak is not available then.

If you still looking to encounter the mountains, don't miss Ziplining. It's a blast.

www.ziptrek.com/content/category/5/40/207/

If you just have a little time, exploring the Village is fun in and of itself. Whistler is a pedestrian village great for shopping, sipping a favorite beverage outdoors and people watching.

There are several wonderful spas to take in. Vida at the Fairmont is my favorite.

http://www.whistler.com/spa/

If you are a foodie looking for a meorable meal into Araxi, Bearfoot Bistro, Rimrock Cafe and il caminetto di Umbertos or Elements for a special treat. All feature excellent cuisine that marries global food influences with locally sourced and very good wine lists. More casual options abound.

For an overview of the food scene, try one of the tasting tours.

http://www.whistlertastingtours.com/

Hope this gets you started. Where are you staying?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in October

Activities available until October 31st inclusive

ATV Tours

Hummer Tours

Jeep Tours

Horseback Riding Tours

Summer Dogsledding Camp

Canoe Tours on the Lillooet River

Fly Fishing or Spin Fishing

Bear Viewing Tours

Helicopter Sightseeing

Bungee Jumping

Bike Riding in the Valley - tours available or on own

Hiking - tours available or on own

Indoor Climbing Wall

Visit the Whistler Museum and/or the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre

Zoom Zip Lines with Wildplay (the old Skyline) - similar to Ziptrek, but I believe that Ziptrek is highly preferred (at least that's my preference)

Wildplay also has a new "Tree Course" called Monkido, which is a an aerial obstacle course with zip line, rope swings, scrambling walls, suspension bridges. I haven't tried this yet but at $50, it's a pretty good price for Whistler. I know this is available in October but not sure when they close for the season.

Until October 25th inclusive

Guided tour of Whistler Sliding Centre the Olympic venue for bobsleigh, luge and skeleton through Whistler Eco Tours (self guided tours end Sept. 1st so you have to go through a tour operator)

Spa treatments on sale - here's a listing of discounts available and participating spas.

http://www.whistler.com/spa_escapes/

There's also a link on the above webpage that offers other discounts for select spas and activity suppliers if you use your Visa or click on this link below for the PDF.

whistler.com/resources/pdf/Whistler_VisaPerk…

Cayman Islands
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in October

Thanks for the prompt replies all, it has been quite helpful!! I will be in Whistler from Oct 23 - 30 and staying at the Westin.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in October

The Westin has a great, if pricey, buffet breakfast in the Aubergine Grill. You're just steps away from all the action.

Whistler is just the opposite of the Caymans, isn't it? Dress warm.

5. Re: Things to do in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 06:20