We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler NYE

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Whistler NYE

Hi guys,

Will be in Whistler for NYE this year and just hoping for some recommendations about what to do. Have been reading over replies on the same topic from previous years in this forum, and wondering if anyone has some updated info for 2009/10

In our group, there will be three people around 30 and two in their late 50s. We would be looking for a nice bar (preferably one not full of just teenagers), good vibe, nothing too flash. Just a good place to go and drink and ring in the New Year.

Perhaps a good place to eat beforehand?

I know some places charge entrance fees in Whistler on NYE? Are any of these worth the hype?

Thanks in advance!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler NYE

Avoid any clubs as they are way too young. Buffalo Bills usually cateres to a more mature - 30+ crowd. I usually go for the late seating at a restaurant, which (depending on the restaurant) leads into a big party bash before counting down. Though costs are steep. I was at Bearfoot Bistro for about $400 dinner and after dinner celebrations) . Most restaurants have something similar, with different prices depending on seating time and what it includes. Some hotels (Fairmont, Westiin etc.) have buffet dinners with dancing after. A few years ago I had dinner at Nicklaus North with a sleighride and finished up with drinks by the fireplace at Mallards Lounge in the Fairmont which was very nice. They have an enclosed cigar lounge there (can't recall if it's still thre because of the smoking laws), plus they clear out the snow on the patio, and light up the fire pit outside. It wasn't a party place but very cozy. A few people in our group went over the Buffalo Bills after.

Whistler also has a First Night. More catering to families as it's an alcohol free zone. It's in and around the Conference Center, with a variety of entertainment and crafts for younger children/teens.

Tourism Whistler usually compiles a list and emails out, but I don't believe one is published yet. If you look up some of the restaurants in Whistler they may have started posting their offerings.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler NYE

oops.. the pub is not Buffalo Bills, it's Wild Bills (Buffalo Bills is in Banff - always get the two confused).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler NYE

Thanks for the info. Are the pubs you can just wander into on the night - or will they all be ticketed?

Thanks!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler NYE

Most of them charge a cover charge to go in. I don't recall having to buy any of them in advance.

Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler NYE

You were right the first time...Buffalo Bills is the bar in Whistler.

Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whistler NYE

You were right the first time...Buffalo Bills is the bar in Whistler.

Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Whistler NYE

check out this website about the family festivities on NYE

http://www.whistlerfirstnight.com/home.html

buffalo bills is correct, a bit of an 'older' crowd by reputation. decent place, but still a loud club per-say

as for the clubs in Whistler, most of them have outrageous prices for tickets on NYE. in fact I don't think I have ever gone to one due to this- I may wander the stroll for a while, then head to a friends place for drinks.

tickets are generally available on the night, but not a guarantee

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whistler NYE

Here's what I found on the net so far.... there maybe more but haven't had a chance to look up.

Pubs

www.buffalobills.ca/new_years_eve_party.html

www.longhornsaloon.ca/new-years-party.html (yes it still says NY 2009 but I called them and they said was just a typo and should be correct for 2010)

Restaurant

www.bearfootbistro.com/special/new_years.html

Hotels

www.westinwhistler.com/itoolkit.asp…

fairmont.com/NR/rdonlyres/16BC17F5-C91E-4A3A…

http://www.hiltonwhistler.com/xmas.php

Not online yet….

Araxi

New Years Eve – price per person – gratuities and taxes are additional

1st seating at 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM

$99.00 for 3 course

$149 for 4 course

2nd seating gala dinner from 8:15 pm onwards including midnight festivities – DJ and dancing

$199.00 for 4 course tasting menu

$279.00 for 5 course menu

Christmas - serving their regular a la carte menu along with other festive options, likely a fixed price turkey dinner menu.

Quattro

New Years Eve – price per person – gratuities and taxes are additional

1st seating at 5:00pm – 7:30 pm

$80.00 for 4 course (kids are 50% off)

2nd seating at 8:00 pm onwards including midnight festivities – DJ and Dancing

$175.00 for 5 courses.

Christmas - they will offer both their a la carte menu as well as a traditional 3 course turkey dinner for $50.00 plus taxes and grats

La Rua

New years Eve - two seatings with set menus for both the early and late seating. The later seating includes party favours and dancing. Prices and menu’s TBA

Christmas - regular a la carte menu with the addition of a Traditional Turkey Dinner

More to follow as I get them (some restaurants are not opened until mid or end of November so won’t know till later). I also have menu's, but instead of including them in this post, if you need menu’s send me a PM if you require.

9. Re: Whistler NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 05:16