We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

Hello i was wondering if any of the locals can tell me, will there still be snow on the mountains and will the lake be frozen still or not by that stage?

thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,228 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

Welcome to the Whistler Forum!

If your goal is an up-close encounter with snow, you need to visit in the winter. The weather can be a bit variable that time of year. (Well, always actually.) Some rainy days are not uncommon.

There is generally snow on the the mountain tops and glacial areas. How much is impossible to say but you would have access it by chair lift. You will not find snow in the rest of the area and the lakes will not be frozen.

I love Whistler in the summer. There are plenty of activities to pack a day trip. Have a look here to maybe get you started on getting familiar with the area. Ziplining, alpine hiking and nature watching are a must. Also the people watching. The golf is fantastic.

whistlerblackcomb.com/todo/summer/index.htm

Happy planning!

Edited: 01 February 2010, 14:52
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

There will be snow at the top of Whistler that can be accessed from the Gondola in the village. The mountain is open for skiing through the middle of June and sight-seeing through the summer. However the bottom half may be open for mountain biking and of course golfing. The lakes will not be frozen and it will be warm out. Quite a range of weather available due to the height of the mountains.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,228 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

Just a note that the lifts close mid- April and don't reopen till mid June for the summer season which normally runs till October Thanksgiving week-end.

The date on the Whistler site for reopening of the lifts is June 27. I don't know if this will work with your plans.

Edited: 01 February 2010, 19:32
Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

Thats no good, i will be there about the 10th...

Is there any places to go dog sledding, skiing or snowboarding etc around Vancouver/Whislter area?

5. Re: Fairmont Chateau in Early June 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 08:15