We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

Dupont, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

I have posted before and gained some great advice from luv2travel. My husband and I (late 30s) are traveling with our almost 3 year old daughter. We originally planned to stay 2 nights, but with some hotel specials being offered I think we will stay 3. Is there plenty to do in the summer with a toddler to fill 3 nights/4 days?

Also, I thought I had decided on the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, but now am leaning towards the Four Seasons. We need a 1 bedroom suite and the Chateau is much more reasonable, but the Four Seasons looks amazing and offers balconies. By the way, both are offering 3rd night free rates! Any advice on which hotel is better suited for children and which hotel has better amenities, location and activities. Thanks!

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
691 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

I suppose it depends on what activities your family enjoy but there are plenty to choose from in and around Whistler. See the link for some ideas: www.whistlerblackcomb.com/todo/index.htm

We originally went to Whistler one Summer for 5 nights and had plenty to do. We now go back every Winter for weeks - love the place.

Unfortunately i can't help regarding the hotels mentioned as i've not stayed there. We only go to the Fairmont for the odd breakfast while we're there, which is excellent.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

There is plenty to do for 3 days, as well as just relax.

The Four Season is next to the Fairmont and all the suggestions about the Upper Village apply. They are very welcoming of children at Four Seasons Resorts in general and you might want to check into their Kidding Around programs. My experience, for what it's worth, is that if you're happy, your toddler will be too.

fourseasons.com/whistler/for_younger_guests.…

Edited: 11 June 2010, 13:15
Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

With the extra day you can spend more time getting to Whistler. There are lots of wonderful things to do along the way to Whistler with a toddler:

- Squamish is the home to the West Coast Railway Heritage Park. There is a miniature train to ride and other interesting displays.

- Shannon Falls. A short walk to a viewing point. Your daughter might be able to handle the walk (being carried part of the way if need be) or it is "jogger" stroller friendly

- One of my favorite stops along the way to Whister is Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver. From the parking lot to the lighthouse it isn't that long of a walk but the terrain isn't toddler friendly but it a nice distance for a back pack carrier.

- Depending on when you are driving through - Horseshoe Bay makes for a nice lunch stop. There is playground (and mini-waterpark) at the park located on the waterfront with several restaurants that offer take out.

- Less than 10 minutes from the highway in West Vancouver at Cypress Bowl there is the viewing lookout that provides expansive views of Vancouver out to the Fraser Valley.

- Brandywine Falls. Again another short walk.

- Alice Lake offers swimming and a nice location for a picnic lunch.

And as previous posters have suggested you will surely find enough to do in Whistler to occupy yourselves for 4 days in Whistler.

Dupont, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

Thanks for the suggestions. Fortunately or unfortunately, we are not driving to Whistler. We are planning to take the Sea to Sky Climb on Whistler Mountaineer!

Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

4 days / 3 nights is not long enough!!!

There is a lot to do/see in Whistler, especially if you are an active type of outdoors person. I realise having a young child makes it harder, so besides from the hotel offerings there are some 'babysitting' companies that can take them off your hands for a few hours / night.

check out

http://www.babysittingwhistler.com/

and

http://www.nanniesoncall.com/

I think the second one bought out a local 'nannynetwork' company which my flatmate used to work for.

I don't know about now, but all 'nannys' had to have criminal checks and a current child CPR before they could be employed.

6. Re: 3 Nights too long? More Accomodation Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 06:17