We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horseback riding

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
472 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
horseback riding

Has anyone taken any of the tours? Are they good? Do you just ride through the woods and the side of the road or do you actually see sights? I road for around 6 years 5 days a week and would love to go on a tour. I am most interested in the 4.5 intermediate tour. I am just not sure why it is classified as being intermediate.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,537 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horseback riding

It must be something like Outdoor Adventures out of Whistler. I've not used them but I am familiar with the area.

First of all you would be transported with the horses about 40 minutes north to the Pemberton Valley. You'd have a 3 hour ride through the valley which is beautiful and sprinkled with farms and you would climb into the hills through the forest. The farms are private property but there must be trails across the meadows between property lines. I can't see you just riding down the road. Pemberton Meadows Road is a country road, the road to Mt Currie village is a highway. They would offer you more than that. I don't know what the waterfall is unless you stop on the way back to Whistler at Nairn Falls.

You would have to have prior horse riding experience to qualify for intermediate because you will be cantering, perhaps galloping from time to time. Walk/trot would be for beginners. Once you get up into the hills, possibly Mt. Currie, you would likely have some pretty impressive views of the valley and the two rivers in the valley bottom. Then you get transported back to Whistler. 3 hours riding, 4.5 hours in total. I think I've got it pretty accurately.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
472 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horseback riding

Would people pick the 4 hours tour with adventure ranch of the 5 hours with outdoor adventures? If I do the four hour then I can also do ziplining before taking the 5 pm bus to the airport. my flight is at 11 pm so the 5 pm bus is the last one I can take. I did the eagle tour in 2008 and loved it. I am consequently considering the bear tour but if the 5 hour tour is really amazing I might skip the zip lining.

3. Re: horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 05:17