We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler gondola ride

Valley Center, KS
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler gondola ride

Planning on driving from Vancouver to Whistler on or about Sept. 12th & want to take the gondola ride to the top and then the Peak 2 Peak over to Blackcomb. Can anyone help on where we go to purchase tickets for the gondolas and also the best place to park the car.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler gondola ride

Look for the Skier's Plaza on this map. You'll see a ticket booth near the bottom of the Whistler's lift below Girabaldi's Lift Co. and Bar.

whistler.com/resources/pdf/Village_Map.pdf

The Parking lots are also clearly marked. The Skier's Plaza is just across the street. It's easy. Have a great time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler gondola ride

If you go online to the Whistler tourism site it is cheaper to book yout tickets in advance. Might be an option if you are definate about the date you are wanting to do it. I just did it yesterday...well worth the $$

Here is the link:

http://www.whistler.com/peak_adventure/

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler gondola ride

You can also sometimes get discount coupons in some of the tourism literature around town as well. Personally, I don't like to commit to a date because the weather is so unpredictable. The top of the mountains can be clouded over and really your ticket is a waste if you can't see anything. Not unusual in a costal rain forest. JMHO.

Edited: 13 August 2010, 05:26
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler gondola ride

Hello All

Thanks for posting this question ChannelCat!

We are looking to do something similar during our short stay in December :-)

Please excuse my ignorance, please could you explain exactly what the "Peak 2 Peak over to Blackcomb" is. In my understanding, the gondola would be an enclosed cable lift? Is the P2P the same thing - an enclosed cable lift?

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,882 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler gondola ride

Joburg ~ in living colour - whistlerblackcomb.com/todo/…

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
227 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whistler gondola ride

Is it possible to get tickets for just the gondola ride up from Whistler Village? The only information I can find online always includes the P2P portion.

Thanks,

Carole

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whistler gondola ride

Thank you all :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Whistler gondola ride

They used to have separate ticket prices for the gondola but since the opening of the peak to peak they discontinued that. One price includes the gondola as well as the peak to peak as you found out, I think it would be nice to have alternatives IMO

Whistler, British...
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Whistler gondola ride

Yep, all summer sightseeing tickets include the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola. If you're heading up the mountain, the P2P is definitely worth checking out!

whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets/…index.htm

10. Re: Whistler gondola ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 05:17