We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak times Jan/Feb

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Peak times Jan/Feb

Am I right in assuming Jan & Feb would be considered peak season?

If so are there any other dates we should be aware of at the start of 2011?

We're from NZ so have no idea about Canadian school holidays or public holidays that may push up prices, or limit accommodation options....

Thanks

Tia

toronto
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak times Jan/Feb

January 3rd till about February 17th are not considered peak season. U.S. Presidents week starts around the 18th of Feb. this year. That is usually a busy time. Hotel rates are higher. Then you start getting into University reading weeks and public school march breaks.

We usually go the week before presidents week, this year we are going Feb 12th to the 19th.

Most of the week will be very quiet and the rates are down a bit. a perfect time to go.

NZ
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak times Jan/Feb

Thanks, that's helpful to know! :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peak times Jan/Feb

As others have said...Off Season. Watch out for Presidents weekend which may bring some from the US, but most US skiiers are staying home...guess not having a crushing exchange advantage is thinnin the herd. Best bet is get up ealy, Crush times are 1100-1400hrs.

NZ
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Peak times Jan/Feb

I will try - but it goes against my very nature to get up early perhaps I should check out night skiing? :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peak times Jan/Feb

night skiing is basically non existent at WB, ulness you like runing the bunny hilll all night long....sorry. Besides, hung over skiing is the best...

6. Re: Peak times Jan/Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:17