We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Hi TA

We have booked accommodation for Xmas in Whistler and as I would have to buy ski clothes for the 5 of us & then carry it around the States for 3 weeks - I'm think hiring everything may be the way to go.

I've checked out Affinity ski hire, which I can do the full package of CAD$298 for 5 days which is probably pretty good! but this does not include lift ticket...where or how should I buy lift tickets for the cheapest deal, I have 1 child under 12 but they don't do any deals during this peak time. Is there a coupon I can get, or discount vouchers to buy, or do I just buy my lift tickets on-line before 15 Nov to get the usual discount? Thanks for any help...also we are staying at Nita Lake Lodge, any tips there would be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone,

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Buying online in advance is a good way to go. Seven Eleven Stores in Vancouver and Squamish also sell discounted lift tickets, but they are trumped by the 20% I think. Last year Adult lifts cost $78. Youth and senior tickets cost $67, and child tickets cost $41.

You have to crunch the numbers and be able to get one of their stores.

whistlerblackcomb.com/deals_packages/ebd/ebd…

But in your situation, please doulble check your Nitka Lake booking. Their 4 and 7 packages indicate that lift tickets are included in their room rates. Many accomodation providers seem to be throwing them in this year. If they are not, it couldn't hurt to ask whether they will match the offer of a hotel that does.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Great thanks for your tip there. The hotel doesn't seem to offer much during that Xmas week so I will buy before November 15 for discount.

I'm thinking of hiring clothing as well for us all. Do you know if the clothes are nice!

thanks again for your help.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Affinity is very highly tought of and ski clothes in Whistler are as chic as winter clothes get, I think.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Here's another options for clothing rental. They'll deliver to your hotel. Not sure if Affinity delivers or not, but there isn't one near Nita Lake Lodge or in Creekside, so you'll need to pick up in the Village.

http://www.whistlerwinterwear.com/

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Discounted lift passes which are sold at 7/11 are ONLY for people from BC, you need to show ID to buy them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Good point for the 7/11 discount tickets.

thanks for all your help.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

You need ID for an Edge Card.

I've never heard of anyone being asked at 7/11. They are intended for locals, so they just don't sell them at their Whistler or Airport locations.

Edited: 10 November 2010, 23:34
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Sorry, I meant to add that a more usual problem can be that store locations like Squamish run out of them.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

Luv2, call W/B and ask, they are intended for the local market to go skiing, not for tourists and better prices are usually available online or from their tour operator on multiday lift passes.

Edited: 11 November 2010, 00:18
Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Purchase Lift Tickets, Ski Hire, Clothes Hire everything..

I have not heard of any restrictions for the 7-11 tickets.

The Edge card USED to be for BC and US Washington residents only, but even that is now available to ALL Canada (not sure about US).

It is an ageless question though, and I have not found any 'cheap' way to score tickets. 7-11 is a good option, especially for a day here and a day there.

The only way to get cheaper tickets is to buy them in a package with accommodation - and what is happening there is the operator is taking a 'cut' in their accommodation commission in order to sell you the 'discounted' lift ticket.