We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking dog in Whistler

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Walking dog in Whistler

I am going to Whistler next week and I am just wondering which trails are dog friendly to walk at? I am a Whistler newbie. Thank you.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking dog in Whistler

so many trails! I stayed at a friends place last summer and walked his dog around the golf course right across from the village.. trail runs around it. nice.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking dog in Whistler

Welcome to posting on TripAdvisor!

Winter trails and use are much different from summer trail use. Whistler is very dog friendly buti n the winter most trails are used for Cross Country skiing

Off leash areas for dogs are Rainbow Park, Meadow Park and Alpha Lake Park before 10 a.m. and after 8 p.m.

The Lost Lake Trail system, including the Nicklaus North and Chateau Whistler Golf Clubs cart paths are closed to pedestrians and dogs for the cross country skiing from November 15 to April 15

You can CC ski with your dog on a leash on the trail between Rainbow and Meadow Park. Here's prety good trail map.

whistler.com/resources/pdf/maps/LostLakeCros…

Have fun

Edited: 19 November 2010, 06:02
Mentioned in this post
Rainbow Park
Rainbow Park
134 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Meadow Park
Meadow Park
17 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Alpha Lake Park
Alpha Lake Park
29 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking dog in Whistler

if youre going next week then the lost lake trails should still be ok for walking your pooch, as the xc ski seasons shouldnt be open yet (sorry dont know how much snow is in the valley right now)?

stay off the valley trail as its more a commuter pathway than a leisurely walking path.

alpha lake park is nice and quiet for dogs so throwing the ball and giving fido some exercise is doable there. unofficially most parks are pretty dog friendly, especially this time of year, but alpha is my fave. summer is a different story for sure with active enforcement of the doggie rules.

and youll find that 8pm prohibition garbage in winter, as the sun is setting by 5pm now. so kinda dark ;)

Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking dog in Whistler

The really short answer is that ALL trails are dog-friendly. As mentioned by others, some of the parks have areas where dogs are not allowed, but at this time of year you will not be troubled

5. Re: Walking dog in Whistler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:16