We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Snowboard in December!! Several Questions!

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
82 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Snowboard in December!! Several Questions!

Hi! I am coming to Whistler in December with a group of people. I have several questions for anyone who is willing to help!

1. Girls, can you recommend some brands of good sturdy, comfortable, (but cute) boots that would keep me warm-- some I can wear around town when I'm not skiing? I know of Uggs, but do you know of any other good brands?

2. What are your favorite pubs and bars?

3. Do I need ski goggles or will heavy duty sunglasses work for snowboarding? I used them every day for two weeks when I went on a fairly intense snowshoeing trip a few years ago.

4. How many layers do you usually wear when you go skiing/snowboarding there in late December?

Thanks for any advice you can give me on this! I really appreciate it!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
175 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Snowboard in December!! Several Questions!

1. Ecco - stylish and comfortable

2. I love Elements Urban Tapas, they have an extensive martini menu, which are great and the tapas are fantastic. More of a place to start the evening.

3. My preference is ski goggles, even my best polarized sun glasses just don't cut it.

4. Bottom: base layer & pants; Top: base layer, under armour type shirt, soft shell jacket, shell jacket. Top off with neck gaitor and helmet, keeps me warm. I'm cold intolerent.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
82 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Snowboard in December!! Several Questions!

Thank you so much! That was definitely very helpful :).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Snowboard in December!! Several Questions!

1. i am a dude...sorry

2. garfs, longhorn

3.goggles...sunglasses are for the beach

4. three...polypropelene, t-shirt, jacket

PS: did they move the Blue Mosque to Birmingham?

Edited: 16 December 2010, 04:56
4. Re: Coming to Snowboard in December!! Several Questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 07:32