We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowcat experience to mountain - which company?

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Snowcat experience to mountain - which company?

Looking at two options:

snowcat with visit to private hut for dinner vs. snowcat to crystal hut - which is worth it or are both way overpriced??

thanks!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowcat experience to mountain - which company?

I personally rather pay extra to take a snowmobile instead, as you don't really see much on the snowcat as it's dark and hard to see out the windows on the cat (especially with the windows fogging up). I find the snowmobile more fun and exhilarating... not that you can see anything on the snowmobile either as it's pitch black out! I've only ever been to Crystal Hut and always love the experience.

This all being said, there are some advantages about the cat. For one, you can leave the "driving" to someone else, so you can relax before and after dinner. If you're going up with a bunch of friends it gives you time to actually socialize. Big plus: the cat is heated!

Canadian Snowmobile (Crystal Hut) is $169.00 and Blackcomb Snowmobile is $159.00 for the snowcat. I guess weather or not it's worth it really depends on your budget as it's not a small ticket item. But if you consider the price of dinner to be around $75.00 (includes a glass of wine with the fondue dinner), then it doesn't seem like that bad of a deal.

Final note: all backcountry activities have a degree of risk and snowmobiling at night is not a beginners tour so may not be suitable.

2. Re: Snowcat experience to mountain - which company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 05:16