We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend rain and Blackcomb Kids Ski school

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend rain and Blackcomb Kids Ski school

We are heading to Whistler next weekend for three nights and have booked our kids into the Blackcomb ski school. I have checked the weather forecast and it might be +3 and raining.

We don't know exactly where on the mountain the kids learn to ski, so I wasn't sure how to figure out if they will be above the snowline or not. Here in Vancouver I have figured out that there is usually a 7 degree differential between the city and the top of Cypress or Grouse, but I wasn't sure how to figure that out for Whistler/Blackcomb. We are also staying in the Upper Village (if that makes any difference, lol).

We just want to make sure we pack enough of the right ski garments for them.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
748 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend rain and Blackcomb Kids Ski school

I see that you haven't gotten an answer to your question. I am assuming your kids are beginners or near beginners. The childrens learning centre at Whistler is located 1000ft above the base. You can see it on a trail map at the midstation of the Whistler Village Gondola. Combined with the information on this website: snow-forecast.com/resorts/…mid You should be able to determine if they will be skiing in rain or snow.

toronto
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend rain and Blackcomb Kids Ski school

I think you will see the weather forcast change in the next day or so. Looks like lots of snow is on the way for Friday, saturday and sunday. Freezing levels pretty low. Fingers crossed as we arrive saturday!

3. Re: Weekend rain and Blackcomb Kids Ski school

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 06:17