We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest and Best Transportation

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Fastest and Best Transportation

Hello,

We'll (2 of us) be staying in downtown Vancouver on Thursday 3/2 and heading up to Whistler as early as possible Friday morning 3/3.

We'll be leaving Monday morning from Whistler to Vancouver airport.

What is the best and most frugal way to do this?

I need transport from:

YVR to the Howard Johnson on Granville Street. Was thinking taxi.

Downtown to Whistler. Was thinking Greyhound - 5 blocks away from hotel.

Whistler to YVR. Not sure. Greyhound then a taxi?

thanks!

ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest and Best Transportation

rswan, group of us just returned from Whistler, (also from Ohio, 80 miles east of Columbus) and we used Perimeter. Cost us $65. round trip. We booked this thru Expedia, when we booked our airfare. They have a site on Whistlerblackcomb.com Hope they can help. Have fun!!!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
455 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest and Best Transportation

greyhound has a bus that leaves early in the morning to whistler and I believe it is cheaper than perimeter transportation. the hours going from whistler to the aiport are not as good so I would use perimeter for that.

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest and Best Transportation

Hi,

Just got back from the same trip and here's what we did. If it's not too late to change your hotel, we stayed at the Executive Inn Express near the Airport for $69 (that's with tax - maybe cheaper we had 3 people). We took the FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel, then a taxi ($9 CAD) to the Snowbus pick-up in Richmond, ($42 CAD roundtrip). The Snowbus is pretty awesome! It's affordable, drops you off right at the guest relations in Whistler, and you get to watch a movie or view the beautiful scenery! On the way back we took the Snowbus from Whistler, which dropped us off at the hotels nearby that also have FREE shuttle service back to the airport (we did tip).

To me that's the cheapest! But the Greyhound is affordable as well, they just make a lot of stops. At least this way you get some FREE shuttle service.

Hope that helps!

- Chris

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest and Best Transportation

Thanks for all of the replies.

If our flights got in at a later time then I'd definately just stay nearer the airport but since we get in around noon we wanted to check out the city so booked near Yale Town.

Looks to be a great trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastest and Best Transportation

Private limo....

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastest and Best Transportation

You know, I didn't even think that I'd have my skis with me.

Are there taxi vans?

What about taking them on the public bus system?