We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Brunch/Lunch 2011

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Brunch/Lunch 2011

I was hoping to enjoy Christmas Brunch with my family at the Fairmont Whistler but am informed that Christmas Day brunch is only for in-house guests this year. Can anyone give me other suggestions of somewhere a bit special our adult family can go for Brunch on Christmas day this year. We are staying near the Marketplace, but have no car, so it either has to be on the bus route, or easily accessed by foot. (Or how much are taxis on Christmas day?) Let me know some idea of the prices too, if you can. Thanks...

Whistler Small-Group Day Trip from...
383 reviews
from US$119.20*
Special Offer
Winter Tour: Whistler and Shannon...
13 reviews
from US$94.10*
US$117.60
Whistler Snowmobile Tour
29 reviews
from US$130.70*
Whistler Helicopter Tour
6 reviews
from US$139.80*
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Brunch/Lunch 2011

Hi CarolynHa,

Since no one else has responded yet, just thought I'd suggest contacting Tourism Whistler as they would most likely have a good idea.

http://www.whistler.com/

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Brunch/Lunch 2011

I spoke to someone at the Fairmont and she suggests that they may open up to the public depending on how busy. They're also saving some space for walk in's the day of, so you can always try your luck later. Many of the larger resaurants are closed Christmas day. You may find a few casual cafe's opened. You can always try other hotel restaurants, such as the Westin, Hilton, Four Seasons, Edgewater Lodge and Nita Lake Lodge (last two require a 10 min. taxi ride). Or you an always have the Fresh Tracks breakfast in the Roundhouse Lodge on Whistler Mountain. You'll need to buy a Fresh Tracks Ticket as well as a lift pass (either ski or sightseeing pass) and the breakfast is 7 am in the morning, so not necessarily brunch.

3. Re: Christmas Brunch/Lunch 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 19:17