We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler Skiing: Best time to go with the best weather?

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler Skiing: Best time to go with the best weather?

Looking to do an extended skiing weekend at Whistler this season. Due to the distance to travel, and expense, looking to come and hope for sunny skies and great ski/snow conditions. I am aware that weather can be very variable with periods of clouds, rain, etc. , and each season can be different. I know there's no guarantee, but, is there a period of time when on average, the weather might be sunny with good snow conditions? Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,710 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler Skiing: Best time to go with the best weather?

I would say that January/February are the most reliable for snow (except of course in 2010). They are forecasting an extra cold winter this year, so January could be bitter if we get the sort of temps they are telling us to expect, so I'd probably shoot for late February.

Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler Skiing: Best time to go with the best weather?

We had fantastic snow and weather in Jan/feb 2010??

It was cypress mountain in Vancouver that had bad snow during the olympics! which is over 1000m lower down and closer to the ocean...

the media just didn't make a distinction in their reporting.

have a look at the snow stats! whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/stats/index.htm

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler Skiing: Best time to go with the best weather?

I actually think there is no obvious best time for Whistler. It gets good much earlier than other ski resorts and stays good later than most other ski resorts. In between there's no telling. You will rarely have issues with too little snow, like you do some places--maybe only in the very early season. You could have a dry spell or unexpected warm temps at any time, or, you might not.

I'd actually plan the trip around crowds and prices. Just after New Year's is a great time, since people have traveled for Christmas (or just spent all their money) and the mountain is relatively quiet. It picks up by later in January and February is the busiest month, as it is at most ski resorts. Accomodations are usually cheaper, too, at less busy times.

4. Re: Whistler Skiing: Best time to go with the best weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:18