We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Vancouver

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nyngan, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Vancouver

About a month ago I found a post on trip advisor that was suggested an online coupon/deal website that was advertising half price bus tickets from Whistler to Vancouver. For the life of me, I cannot find the post or the online site.

Is anyone aware of this site or if the deal is still activated.

I need to book my bus tickets asap and would really appreciate your advice.

Regards.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,758 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Vancouver

You can take Greyhound to/from Whistler. www.greyhound.ca

or Pacific Coach Lines. www.pacificcoach.com

I wonder if you were thinking of a Groupon coupon. If so, it would have been good only for that day. Can't say I remember a deal like that on the Whistler forum.

Nyngan, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Vancouver

Ok no worries - thanks for your speedy reply. I think we'll just book through Greyhound, was just curious.

Thanks again for your help!!

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Vancouver

It was this post. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g154948-i400-k49…

Nyngan, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Vancouver

Hi Brum74. That was the post I was looking for. Unfortunately it was a limited time offer but handy to keep an eye on in the future.

Cheers!!

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Vancouver

There is also the Snow Bus:

http://www.snowbus.com/index.html

Or you can share a ride: whistlerblackcomb.com/getting_here/…index.htm

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Vancouver

I am looking at a house exchange in Ottawa this summer. Would like to end the holiday with a train trip across Canada ending up in Vancouver. Can anyone advise me of what train companies I would have to use. Any information of price would also be a help.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,758 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Vancouver

Welcome to the forum silkyzoe ~

The only train available for that journey is VIA Rail. It's a bit like the India Pacific as a cross country trip, but VIA takes 4 days from Ottawa to Vancouver. Several different pricing options: coach where you buy your meals, sleeper where meals are included. I would suggest you go on their website and do a dry run of a trip across the country and then compare with Air Canada or WestJet airfares.

www.viarail.ca

What I would like to tell you now, is that you have posted down here at #6 of, believe it or not, another Aussie's original question. She's just in disguise as a Canadian from Vancouver right now! LOL That's problematic because she will be getting notification of further activity on this thread. As well you yourself are invisible. When you want to reply on a thread, by all means do so. When you have a question of your own, you really would be best to post your own question. If you're reading this now, you will find the blue print "Ask a question" both under this reply to box and above the Original Poster's box. If you are on a Forum main page, where the topics are all listed, you will find an orange "ask a question" rectangle. You do want your question to be visible and you want your user name visible alongside it.

I would defo ask this question again as a new question. Your question deserves attention of its own. It will draw some varied responses because there will be lots of points of view about how you might want to approach getting across Canada by land. And I would actually suggest you post on the Vancouver Forum. The Whistler Forum is not really suited to your question. Click on the link following for the short cut to the Vancouver Forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154943-i81-Vancou…

Edited: 10 January 2012, 07:39
8. Re: Bus to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2013, 10:23