We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler/Blackcomb on mountain dining question

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC, USA
Level Contributor
154 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler/Blackcomb on mountain dining question

Will be at Whistler in 2 weeks and have made a great deal of plans, predominantly according to TA advice.

From website research, it appears that the on mountain, full service dining at Whistler is only for lunch. Since it's our first time to Whistler, if we were to choose one, would we be better off at Christine's or Steeps Grill? Frankly, I'm more concerned with the "experience" of the mountaintop view rather than the food. We'll be skiing to and from lunch (though after what I would expect to be a rather serious lunch, I'm not sure how far our ski form will deteriorate "from" lunch) so it will be ski boots included.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler/Blackcomb on mountain dining question

I can vouch for Christine's--the bouillabase is really nice, and the view is good. It wasn't even that much more than my usual pho+drink in the Roundhouse food court. But, I've never eaten at Steep's so I can't compare. Ski boots are fine. The nice thing about eating at either of these is that you can make a reservation, and then don't have to worry about finding a seat in one of the lodges during the busy lunch time.

I'm not sure I'd focus on the view--you're going to see much better views all day when you're skiing, since you can ski high above both restaurants.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler/Blackcomb on mountain dining question

I prefer Steeps at the Roundhouse above Christine.

Been to both restaurants few times. Christines took way too long (much longer than at Steeps). And I also liked the food and service better at Steeps.

I would suggest making reservation for late lunch, so you can have the most of your skiing until lunch. If lunch takes longer then expected at least you have had a good time skiing. You won't be too eager to get back on the slopes.

After lunch you might have time for 1 or 2 laps, otherwise make your way down to the village at your leisure.

NYC, USA
Level Contributor
154 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler/Blackcomb on mountain dining question

Thanks for all the responses. Making my reservations today. Probably to lunch at both towards the end of our stay when missing a few late afternoon runs will be a blessing.

4. Re: Whistler/Blackcomb on mountain dining question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:16