We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canoeing/kayaking at any hotels?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
canoeing/kayaking at any hotels?

are there any nice hotels or resorts with their own beach/dock such that you can rent a canoe or kayak right on the property?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: canoeing/kayaking at any hotels?

I've found everything but-it seems like local tour companies have that market all sewn up and if you want a boat you'll be renting from them one way or the other.

The lowest rate I could source was $30/hr for a simple canoe rental-an amount that will rent a power boat in the rest of Canada.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canoeing/kayaking at any hotels?

I can only think of one - Edgewater Lodge, you can rent canoes and kayaks from the Edgewater Activity Centre. Another hotel is Nita Lake Lodge but no canoe rentals.

You can rent canoes/kayaks for go around Alta Lake, through adventure companies such as Whistler Backroads or Whistler Eco Tours. No hotels on Alta Lake but sometimes it's possible to find condo rentals around the area.

3. Re: canoeing/kayaking at any hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Whistler