We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury condo

North Carolina
11 posts
Save Topic
Luxury condo

What can be suggested for a luxury condo on the mountain, short

shuttle to village/restaurants and would that be considered ski-in/ski-out? Was looking at Montebello but just want to hear feedback. Was thinking that if we stayed up on the mountain we'd have a better

chance of seeing snow if it's iffy, right or wrong?

Thanks for all suggestions!

Shingle Springs...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury condo

Seems like Mountainside Lodge would be a good choice, it is part of our time-share group, our paperwork says it is an easy walk to the lifts, but will not be staying there until the middle of October. Check out tripadvisor.com for reviews.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury condo

You can't really stay "up on the mountain" anywhere in Whistler--all of the lodging is clustered near the bases. Some is on the slope near the very bottom, but it's still at the bottom of the mountain. You shouldn't need to worry about seeing snow anytime during ski season--Whistler gets plenty of it! At Montebello you probably would want to use the free bus to get to the lifts, since you're walking in boots and carrying skis, though it's an easy walk to shops and restaurants when you are in street clothes.

To learn about ski in/out properties that might suit you, just look at a map of Whistler Village and Upper Village (aka Blackcomb), note the slopeside properties, then read reviews on those. There aren't really THAT many ski in/out properties at Whistler--most places are a short walk but you do have to take your skis off--so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out your options.

3. Re: Luxury condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 18:18
North Carolina
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury condo

Thanks Marie, I think I'm getting a handle on all this.

Looking at alluradirect, there are many options at Montebello in our time frame, only one at Mountain Star and none at Arrowhead Point, unless we get a little more flexible with our dates. I'll check the others you noted.

We don't mind a shuttle to village or gondola, it seems pretty short. Montebello

appears far from the action on a map, but evidently it is not.

Thanks for all your suggestions, very helpful!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury condo

Hi Heidi

Glad to hear your plans are coming together. Montebello is a great choice.

Allura Direct is an owner booking site. If you do want to explore the other accommodations, you can direct inbox me for more information. There is more than likely availability for your dates.

Montebello is just steps away from the Village - a great location that is also quiet.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury condo

Hi Heidi49:

Welcome to Whistler. You are going to have a fabulous time! There are lots of fantastic places to stay......but it all depends on what you are looking for.

So, for example, I own a condo at Lagoons, and I love it there because it is quiet and still within walking distance to the village. However, when my family comes out to visit we rent a town home at Montebello. This is a property that is further from the hill but great for larger groups (i.e. when you need 3 to 4 bedrooms).

If you are wanting to come back to your place for lunch, then I would stay on the blackcomb benchlands. That might include Painted Cliff, Cedar Creek, Woodrun, Aspens. These will typically be smaller accommodations (1 to 2 bedrooms).

Here's a great map to Whistler. If you zero in on it, you will see all the various types of accommodations.

http://www.3dwhistler.com/

I assume you are looking for a "condo" experience vs a "hotel" experience with amenities. If you are wanting a hotel, I would probably recommend the Pan Pacific Mountainside, the Westin or Chateau Whistler (very expensive however). .

So, anyway, if you tell us a little bit more about your situation (number of people, whether you want to come back to your place for lunch, and/or whether you want to cook in your unit) we'll be able to provide you with better advice.

Edited: 24 August 2012, 07:28
North Carolina
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury condo

thanks for the help, we are very grateful!

8. Re: Luxury condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Whistler