We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff or whistler for skiing and terrain parks

Barrie
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Banff or whistler for skiing and terrain parks

Hello , I need help! I'm trying to book a family trip and not Sure to go to banff or whistler ??? My kids are 18 and 17 and love the terrain parks ... Any info whould. Help thank you

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff or whistler for skiing and terrain parks

I would say Whistler. Lots of different terrain for all the family and very convenient.

Banff's ski area's (there are 2 at Banff and 1 at Lake Louise) are not within walking distance from the village, so if one wants to go early, the other wants to go 2 hours later and mom and dad want to ski the afternoon only, it is quite a hassle getting to the lifts, as there are only shuttle buses 3 times in the morning, so you actually would need a car to get around.

In Whistler, you just walk off your hotel door or accommodation, walk to the lifts or take the (free) shuttle bus and off you go, so everyone can go whenever they feel, don't need to wait for each other and you can still meet each other for lunch somewhere on mountain. Same in the evening, kids might want to stay longer or hangout on a patio, you might want to do some shopping. It is all there and all within walking distance. Very convenient.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banff or whistler for skiing and terrain parks

WB hands down

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banff or whistler for skiing and terrain parks

number of TP's on either mountain (whistler or Blackcomb, graduated parks, rails, tables, kickers, boxes..you get the drift. Village rocks, lots to do.

Banff can compare somewhat, but not as compact as Whistler. Banff more of a mountain town, more spread out, but has a cool charm as well. I rode Sunshine...wont go back. they need to buy some groomers

4. Re: Banff or whistler for skiing and terrain parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 07:16