We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

We will be in whistler in june; definitely want to do ziptrek; we tend to be very adventurous; have only ziplined once in mexico but want to know how the Mammoth ziptrek is. How advanced/experienced should you be to do this one? Trying to figure out whether to book Eagle or Mammoth. thanks for any info!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

I've done it. You don't need a lot of experience for this.

If you just want the "quick thrills, been-there-done-that" experience, save some money and just book the Eagle tour. If you are really into ziplining, by all means book the Mammoth tour but you may find some of early runs a bit on the tame side.

I found the walks between the actual stations very cool....walking high in the forest canopy provides unique sights and perspective. Our guide did a great job of explaining the ecosystem and making the tour interesting and informative.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

Thanks for the info. Ugh...it just seems very very pricey; I'd want to make sure we got our money's worth for the Mammoth tour.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

I agree, it is very pricey. Realistically, for the price of the Mammoth tour you'd get more "bang for your buck" by just doing the Eagle route twice - but is it worth an extra $100? Not in my opinion.

If you are adventure-minded, the Whistler via ferrata looks very interesting. I haven't tried it yet but it's been on my 'to-do' list for a while - I hope to fit it in this summer. The high alpine views are spectacular.

http://www.whistler.com/via_ferrata/

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

Thanks for the info; will stick with Eagle tour. Via ferrata looks a little scary! Lol

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

The mammoth is just a cominbation of their bear and eagle tour with a light lunch. The bear is more of a "beginners". Its great as an introduction or for people who are more cautious of heights. The eagle has longer lines, higher elevations and drops, so is definately more exciting. If you've been ziplining before, I agree with Anton and save your money and just go with the eagle tour.

6. Re: Anyone do the ZipTrek: MAMMOTH tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 06:17