We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

We have been to Whistler twice and each time stayed in condo where we had dryer. We used dryer every day to dry gloves. This year we are looking at staying in different place that does not have dryer. How do you dry gloves?

Thanks,

Katarina

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

Bring a hair dryer?

100 Mile House...
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

In front of the fire? or over a heat vent?

London, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

Does a heat went work? It takes quite a while to dry them even in a dryer.

Thanka

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

Drape them over the TV, bring two pairs and alternate, buy waterproof ones.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,484 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

What kind of gloves are you using that they get so wet?? I'd just bring additional gloves and swap them out so that one pair is back drying while you use the other pair.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

I'd bring the second pair of gloves and a hair dryer as well utilizing the heat vent...

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

This is one example of the vent dryer :

amazon.com/Mit-And-Boot-Drying-Rack/dp/B0043…

I know Home Hardware sells a plastic version that fits over a heat vent as well.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

You need new, better (more waterproof) gloves. They shouldn't be getting and staying so wet that they don't dry out on their own overnight. Mine only really get wet at the end of their life, when the waterproofing is wearing off, and even then, they dry on their own overnight without needing a special dryer.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

I've always just stood them up over the heating vent myself. It works great. A second pair, as the majority has already mentioned, is a good option. Another option is if you will be driving anywhere throw them on the dash and let that heat vent dry them. We used to warm them up in the old days playing pond hockey that way. My older brother would fire up the car and they'd be toasty in minutes.

By the way, the very best option, in my opinion is mentioned in post #8. You need waterproof gloves. The best material of all is Gortex. Yes, they are very expensive but they might be the only gloves you'll need for 10 years.

Edited: 07 October 2013, 20:18
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you dry gloves on ski vacation

Heat vent is fine when you have forced air heating vents, but not all condos have those. Some have electric heat, some have underfloor heating, and some hotel type condos just have those big vents on the wall near the ceiling