We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pan Pacific Village or Mountainside at end of December?

Wyoming
Level Contributor
434 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Pan Pacific Village or Mountainside at end of December?

My husband and I are planning on a quick vacation to Whistler the week of New Year's and I'm trying to decide between these two hotels. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've learned the following from my reading: the village location is newer, has larger rooms, includes breakfast, and has a spa. The mountainside hotel is ski-in/ski-out, but guests at the village location can store their skis and boots at that hotel, too.

Does the village location offer any good mountain views? Any reason I should choose one over the other? How's the service at these hotels? How do they compare to the Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons of the world?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,762 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pan Pacific Village or Mountainside at end of December?

Are you looking for between Christmas through New Years? If so....you likely won't get into either.....they are likely booked to capacity.

Different story for January 1 forward.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pan Pacific Village or Mountainside at end of December?

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler

You have highlighted the main differences between the two hotels. Pan Pacific Village Centre is rated half a star higher due to the reasons stated - newer property, larger suites, breakfast etc.

The Village Centre rooms have good mountain views if you book an upper floor suite. Lower floor suites will be overlooking the Village.

Both hotels still have rooms available over New Year. The larger suites are sold out. Minimum night stays will apply for this time period and you will want to book very soon before they do sell out.

Four Seasons is going up a full star, so there will be a noticeable difference in terms of amenities and service. Four Seasons Resort Whistler does not offer kitchens in the regular suites. One main difference between the two hotels.

Toronto
Level Contributor
392 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pan Pacific Village or Mountainside at end of December?

I've stayed in the Pan Pacific Mountainside and enjoyed my visit. The location is hard to beat.

Compared to a Four Seasons it's a step down, a four star not a five star hotel. The difference being the level of service.

If the Westin has rooms you may want to consider it. Also has a great location and in my experience is a little nicer and has better service.

4. Re: Pan Pacific Village or Mountainside at end of December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17