We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay... ??

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
9 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay... ??

My husband and I are planning a trip to Whistler this February, and totally confused about where to stay. We'd like to be walkable to both the lifts and the village, but would rather be closer to the lifts. We'd rather not be somewhere super noisy (which I've heard the village can be). Ski-in/ski-out and laundry in the unit would be a bonus but not necessary.... hoping to keep it around $150/night or so.

Any thoughts?? Thank you!

Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay... ??

I think you might have trouble finding anything at $150 per night. Though much depends on when in February you are planning to visit. Prices will likely be lowest first week in February and most expensive the week of Presidents Day.

First week in February the Holiday Inn Village Centre has rooms at $160 per night, good location.

I've never had a problem with noise at Whistler.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay... ??

What is 'Presidents Day'?

All the time I've lived in this country I've never heard of it.

Never heard of a Canadian president either for that matter.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,958 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay... ??

Funny SamSalmon!

Presidents' Day actually falls the same day as our "Family Day". Whistler still caters to a lot of Americans, so they are busy then.

Even out in Tofino, the weekend of the American Thanksgiving is more money than the weekend before or after.

Check out alluradirect for other places as well.

http://www.alluradirect.com/whistler/

vrbo is another option.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,952 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay... ??

How about reading the "Where to stay" article in the Top Questions to the right side of the page. Some helpful info there.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
76 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay... ??

Check the village map on the Tourism Whistler website:

http://www.whistler.com/map/ (toggle accommodations "on")

then once your satisfied with the location, check tripadvisor for the ratings.

Try Whistler Blackcomb reservations 1.888.403.4727 or visit:

whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/index.a…

and see if you can get a package deal that includes multiple day lift passes, unless you already have that expense covered. Midweek rates are generally lower and many properties have minimum night restrictions. The village can be noisy, just have earplugs available if you're a light sleeper.

6. Re: Where to stay... ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 12:35
7. Re: Where to stay... ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:16