We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BC in early October

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
777 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
BC in early October

1) We are planning a trip for the first week in Oct. What can we expect the weather to usually be like at that time of the year, during the day and at night?

2) Which is a better place to stay at, the Four Seasons in the upper village or somewhere in Whistler village?

3) Has anyone stayed at the Wickinnishha Inn? Feedback about that area in early October would be appreciated.

Marla

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BC in early October

Whistler in October is usually quite bleak. It can be cold and wet or cold and dry, but is not usually very pleasant. Way too early for skiing, and too late for alpine hiking. I've stayed in the village in the summer and found it too noisy, but later in the year should be fine if you go. I haven't personally been to Wickaninnish, but it has an excellent reputation. The storm watching would probably be quite good in October.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BC in early October

Marla: As mentioned weather can be hit or miss as we start to enter the rainy season. Whistler will be cooler than Vancouver due to the altitude. I would leave the shorts and flip-flops at home. Sweaters and long pants are the norm, as well as a jacket. As far as statying in Whistler, it is a small village so Upper Village just means you will have to walk a little farther to the centre of the village. It is a lot of fun so enjoy. You are however in saddle season, so too early to ski, maybe getting too wet to bike/hike, which of course depends on the weather.

As far as the Wick, yes, I was in Tofino last May. It is great. Tofino is a really small town so don't expect much, but it is quaint. The Wick is the place to stay, great spa, food and ocean views. Once again, storm season is later in the winter, Nov-Feb, but you may luck out. Nevertheless, you will love Tofino and the beaches.