We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy children's ski boots?

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy children's ski boots?

Hi,

We are heading to Whistler on Thursday for 3 weeks (very excited) and my daughter who is 6 years old is right on the cusp of needing new ski boots. We were going to wait until we get there to grab her a new pair however I am a little unsure as to how well the boot fitting stores cater for children. I see a lot of info for adult boots but nothing regarding fitting for kids. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We will be in Vancouver for a night before heading to Whistler, is there any stores around town we should check out for her to be fitted?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy children's ski boots?

Skiers/Boarders alley is on W 4th, between Cambie and Granville. 4-6 stores there, some board, some ski.

You can also do this in Whistler, lots of excellent shops there as well (e.g. mcCoos/Comor) etc. All will help you fit for your child.

If I'm you I'm grabbing the boots in Whistler if there are any issues...you don't want to drive all the way back to Vancouver to sort out a pair of ski boots

Edited: 05 January 2014, 00:12
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
76 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy children's ski boots?

Given that boots are the most important piece of equipment, I suggest measuring your daughters feet in centimeters (Mondo) and start shopping online now to ensure they carry the size and style your daughter prefers (colour could kill the deal!!!). Sore feet do not a pleasant vacation make...

Just google Vancouver ski stores or whistler ski stores.

You may even be able to "showroom" the boots at a store in Melbourne before you buy them, if local shops still carry some winter equipment during summer.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
699 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy children's ski boots?

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler

The following may be of relevance if you are planning on returning to Whistler next year.

Whistler/Blackcomb offers a kids 'buy back' program. "Purchase new junior equipment this year and return it by the end of May to receive a voucher for 50% off next year’s gear. " So you could return the boots at the end of the trip and get the voucher for next year.

This offer is available at the Can-Ski stores. For more info visit whistlerblackcomb.com/events-and-activities/…

Also many of the rental stores offer kids free rentals with each adult ski or snowboard package rental for the same period. This may work if you have an adult in your family needing rental equipment.

4. Re: Where to buy children's ski boots?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:17