We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi Fi in Whistler

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Wi Fi in Whistler

After reading other post, I understand it is very hard to get a sim card to use in Canada. And if you do it is very expensive. We don't want to make calls with our mobiles, just use our text messaging.

So is Wi Fi available? and if so where? in the village in the restaurants on the slopes?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi Fi in Whistler

You 'll find WI Fi everywhere from pubs to coffee shops but texting will still require data roaming unless you use an over the Internet SMS app. You can email.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 23:29
Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
704 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi Fi in Whistler

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler

Most of the hotels offer free wifi and as above you will find it in many locations throughout Whistler.

On the mountains you can access free wifi here:

-Roundhouse Lodge on Whistler Mountain

-Rendezvous Lodge and Glarier Creek Lodge on Blackcomb Mountain

-Wonder Scenic View Points (denoted on the Trail Map with an inukshuk) -Inukshuk at Whistler Peak

-Inukshuk outside the Roundhouse Lodge

-Wooden Carvings at top of Symphony Express

-Inukshuk at top of 7th Heaven Express

You can also rent a WiFi Hotspot - Wireless Aircard from the Visitor Centre. It is $8 per day.

Hope that helps!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi Fi in Whistler

Thank Marie, you have been most helpful.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi Fi in Whistler

Marie's answer would be good for Whistler's Top Questions.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,305 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi Fi in Whistler

Wifi is all over the place here. I found it very difficult to get wifi in Australia. I don't even have a data plan here and can usually pick up a wifi spot if I need one. In addition to the above, all Starbucks, Tim Hortons and McDonalds provide free wifi, although it can be pretty slow. Other restaurants and coffee shops may also provide it.

6. Re: Wi Fi in Whistler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:18