We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whister May 8th & 9th

Hamilton, Ontario
14 posts
Save Topic
Whister May 8th & 9th

We will be arriving in Whistler on May 8th and staying at the Hilton - just a few questions about the village.

#1 - would we be able to ride the gondola during these days or have they shut down?

#2. how far away are we from the Jack Nichlaus golf course - we just wanted to see it and maybe have lunch at the clubhouse?

Thank you, hope there is some there who can give me some info?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

Either may be shut but not both. Roundhouse and Rendezvous will be open as well as Peak to Peak gondola.

As fas as Nicholas North, you can grab a cab or rent bikes and bike over if a nice day or so inclined. Bus will also run out there as well.

Hamilton, Ontario
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

Thanks, appreciate it.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

Whistler Mountain is closed for skiing, I can't find when they re-open for sightseeing. However, Blackcomb mountain is still open and you can get on the open chairlift up to the Rendez-vous and enjoy the view. You might be able to head over to Whistler on the Peak-2-Peak, however this info is not available right now.

You can check their website later for new info:http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the-mountain/hours-of-operation.aspx or you can ask at guest relations. As this is shoulder-season things might change around a bit.

To get to Nicklaus North you have a few options:

* taxi (guess 10 dollar, everything in Whistler seems to be 10 dollar)

* bus route # 3, all buses leave from the Busloop, just ask in your hotel for accurate info, as change of season might effect bus routes as well, $2,50 in exact change

bctransit.com/regions/…

* walking, ask for a valley trail map in your hotel, my guess is a 5 km walk, about an hour depending your pace.

Whistler has a 40 km Valley bike/walking trail, which makes it possible to make a really nice loop on designated trails, you could do Whistler Village to Lost lake, through Lost Lake towards Green lake, where Nicklaus North is located and back via Spruce Grove, Blackcomb Way towards the Village (not recommended the other way around as Lost lake to Green lake is quiet a hill, you want to avoid hiking up hill).

* bike rental and make a day out on the Valley trail.

I would choose depending the weather, it could be nice and sunny or grey and raining and anything in between.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 01:39
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,310 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

I could be wrong, but I thought Whistler opened the P2P on Victoria Day weekend, after a month of maintenance on the lifts etc from April 21-22nd or so. This year Victoria Day is Monday, May 19th.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

That might well be the case. I can't find the dates on the website.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler.

I have the dates and hours of operation for last year. So subject to change for this year but expect similar dates for this year:

Whistler Mountain and Peak 2 Peak closes April 21, 2014

Blackcomb Mountain closes May 19, 2014

last year....

Peak 2 Peak closed on April 21 for regular spring maintenance.

Lifts from April 22 to May 19: Access via Excalibur/Excelerator only. Wizard Express closed for spring maintenance. Wizard reopens April 27th

April 29 Excalibur Gondola changes to weekends only.

*May 25th Peak 2 Peak reopens for summer season

7. Re: Whister May 8th & 9th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Whistler