We Husband Wife 50s and son 13 are in Whistler arriving 8 leave 12 August, with no car. Comments/tips please:
Plan is arrive Friday quick look around Village eat and sleep; Saturday P2P or Zip Wire; Sunday walk perhaps to a lake or horse ride or rafting; Monday P2P or Zip Wire; Tuesday am walk around and then return to Vancouver leave around lunchtime.
1. Do we stay in like Glasier's Retreat or North Village want to be able to walk around early evening get a meal but not be still awake at 2 in the morning. Do buses run in the Summer and will we need them?
2. Do we book Peak to Peak in advance on-line from UK or buy there on a clear day (is morning mist or rain likely to ruin views in August - $m question!) and would a Monday be less busy - is busy a problem in the Summer?
3. Zip wire we thought to do this on a different day from the Peak to Peak - just how fit does one have to be - I'm not.
4. Horse riding - where locally (no transport)?
5. Rafting where (no transport)?
6. Do we need an apartment or as we have no transport to bring food with us would we just be as well to use a hotel and get breakfast in the Village (or upper Village?)