We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Max Ski School for Wife

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
4 Max Ski School for Wife

I am considering purchasing a 1 day Max 4 Ski lesson for my Wife when our group comes to visit Whistler late January. We are 2 couples and the other 3 of us are decent intermediate skiers. I would consider ourselves about a level 4 or maybe borderline 5 but I would consider my wife more like a level 2. She skied for the first time last year in Solden Austria and was petrified. I made the mistake of thinking we could teach her to ski (Big Mistake). She doesn't want to spend the whole ski trip skiing with other people so I was thinking of only doing 1 full day lesson for her and then she will ski 3 days with us. (Obviously we would keep to the greens when skiing with her and probably take turns splitting away in groups of 2 and meeting back up. (Sorry this got kind of long)

Now for the question... Us 2 guys are getting a 5 day lift ticket and the 2 girls were planning on doing a 4 day lift ticket. The 4 person max lesson also has an option for a lift ticket for that day that is considerably cheaper ($20 add on). The only stipulation to that lift ticket is that you must be with the instructor when using it. If its a full day lesson, would there be any need at all for her to have a regular lift ticket? I am guessing that I should just get her a 3 day lift and on the first day of instruction get the lesson with lift ticket. Am I missing anything on this?

There are 2 location options... Whistler or Blackcomb... I am guessing Whistler mountain would be better for beginners to learn.

Any other advice would be appreciated. I enjoy skiing and would like to get her comfortable and enjoying it as well.

Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
396 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Max Ski School for Wife

Yes, book a 3 day ticket for your wife and book the lesson plus ticket option for the first day. The Max 4 lessons are very good but if money is no object then (given your wife's previous experience) I would treat her to a Private Lesson. One to one instruction will show the best results.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Max Ski School for Wife

Thank You. The Private lesson is a bit out of our range at $750 per 6 hour day. I agree that she definitely could use the 1 on 1 guidance but that puts a pretty big bite in the pocket book.

Toronto
Level Contributor
392 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Max Ski School for Wife

Max4 is a great way to learn and improve quickly. If you're planning on more ski vacations your wife may want to do 2 or 3 days with Max4, to give her more confidence on skis. With the right group it can be a lot of fun.

For a beginner, I don't think there's a difference between Whistler or Blackcomb.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
688 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Max Ski School for Wife

I think I'm correct in saying (unless it's changed recenty) that the meeting place for begginers is the gondolas of Whistler mountain whereas Intermediates upwards meet at the Rendezvous up on Blackcomb mountain.

Someone may wish to correct me on that though?

The Max 4 lessons are an excellent way to not only learn quickly but to get a good orientation of the mountain

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Max Ski School for Wife

The option on their website when you purchase is Level 1-3 Whistler or level 1-3 Blackcomb. from reading other posts it seems like whistler is the best side to be on for beginners so I was leaning that route unless told otherwise. Thanks for everyone's help. Everyone has been extremely nice and helpful and I am sure I will experience the same in person once we arrive.

6. Re: 4 Max Ski School for Wife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16