We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Hello,

I will be getting married Dec-2007 and we are looking at Whistler for our Honeymoon. Since we have never been we are hoping this board can help us out. I ejoy sking on the green and he is good on the green and blue. We would like a ski in/ ski out or a very close walk. We enjoy walking around towns, shopping and waking up early to have hot coffee and a warm muffin in a nice little place some where. We are in our 20's and cost is not an issue. We have stayed in ski condos in the past and would like to do so for our Honeymoon. If you have any great ideas for a romantic place to stay, eat etc... It would really help us out. Thank you for your help.

Ashley

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Hi Excitd,

If you're considering Whistler for your honeymoon, I'd say go for it. My wife and I did our honeymoon there this past March. We stayed at the Westin, and it was Awesome!!!. Ski In/out, great service, great room. You'll love the pedestrian only village. There is so much to do in Whistler besides Skiing that you won't ever be bored. Check out my Westin review. You won't go wrong picking Whistler for a memorable honeymoon. Don't forget to go snowmobiling, and definitlye don't miss the ZipTrek eco tour. Take a day off the slopes to do both, you'll thank me later.

Szymon

Seattle
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Congrats on the Wedding!

My wife and I have stayed at the Westin and the suites there are extremely nice. The Westin is on the edge/end of the main village, easily accessible, it is not a true "ski in/out" located at the base of the mountain you must walk a short distance to the ski lifts.

However the only true ski in/out places to stay are in the upper village. The Fairmont and Four Seasons are excellent and worth checking into. Otherwise if you don't mind not staying in a hotel stay in a condo. There are true ski in/out locations in the upper village area, however further from town. I would suggest maybe staying in one of those and getting one with your own private hot tub on the deck!

Hope this helps.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Thank you both for your advice. I have read some post saying that in Dec there is no snow in the village area. Is this true and if so is there at least snow on the green area slopes? Thanks again. I will check into all the hotels you have recommented. We will be staying in the Four Season's in Thailand in a few weeks so we might try that for our honeymoon at Whistler, but I am also going to check on the others as well.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Yes, it can be true that there can be no snow in the village itself, as the village is at the base of the mountains. But there will certainly be snow on the green runs. Being a green run skier myself (and not a great one, at that!) I rely on those green runs! I think that's what makes Whistler fantastic - the green runs are located all over the mountain, even at the highest peaks. You're not left to the lower slopes just because you ski the green runs.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Thanks Robyn that makes me feel better.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Hi,

Go for it! You will not regret going to whistler for your honeymoon. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there in Jan this year. It was fabulous. It was our first time there and was literally perfect. We stayed at the Fairmont of which i have only positive things to say - excellent concierge, accommodation, food, service, ski valet... It is also a good ski-in, ski-out location.

Definately take a day off to go zip trekking. It is a wonderful place - you will find yourself pining to return. I will never know how we have not booked our next ski holiday there, and am sure to return.

All the best with the wedding.

Hertfordshire, UK
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Hi and congratulations.

We're off on Monday, for our honeymoon. 10 days skiing in Whistler and 4 days in Vancouver. We're going to stay at the Fairmont. I hope it's as good as it looks on line.

We're no skiing experts either. OK on the greens and blues in Europe. I'll post in a couple of weeks and tell you what we thought.

JB

Vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Stay there regularly...The Pan Pacific is a great place to stay in Whistler...#2 hotel ranking by Conde Naste Magazine...Sundial Boutique Hotel is also very nice #1 hotel in Whistler...And a new boutique hotel has just popped up as well, the Adara hotel...I hear it is fabulous and was one of the gifts in the goody bags for the Academy Awards...you'll see the odd star hanging out there. For dinner I would suggest Araxi, which is where my wife and I have endulged often...pricey, but very romantic and the food is fabulous....especially if you enjoy seafood.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Wow, great honeymoon plans! I would say go with the Westin!

North Vancouver
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whistler for Honeymoon? Best place to stay?

Congratulations!

I have stayed at all of the hotels that I have listed below, truth is, you are going to love any of them! In no particular order I would suggest any of the following.

Main Village Recommendations: Base of both mountains, where the majority of the action is.

- Westin Bayshore - At the base of both mountains, great hotel, excellent spa. Slightly removed from the main village stroll, potentially a little quieter than the other two main village recommendations. Studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms. Size wise I would go for the one bed at a minimum.

- Sundial Boutique Hotel - A bit of a hidden gem, large rooms (some with private hot tubs, not private in the sense that others can't see it but it's only for your use), huge newly renovated rooms (biggest in the village), not as many ammenities as some of the other hotels. One bedrooms and Two Bedrooms. A bit of a personal favorite.

- Pan Pacific Mountainside - Best location, right at the base of both mountains. Would recommend going for a one bedroom over a studio, a little bigger and a true bed, the studios have murphy beds.

Upper Village Recommendations: Located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, a quick 8-10 minute enjoyable walk to the main village, there is still pretty much everything you need there. Possibly a slightly more romantic location (A little quieter) ???

- Fairmont Chateau Whistler - Upper Village, great spa, true hotel experience. Hotel Rooms only, at minimum go for the Deluxe Slopeside the view is worth the extra money.

- Four Seasons Whistler - Top service hotel in Whistler, arguably the nicest hotel in Whistler. Very nice rooms, gorgeous fixtures. Located a little away from the base of the ski area, a bit of a walk or quick shuttle to the lifts. Hotel rooms + condo style rooms.

Have a look at the maps page on the official mountain site to give you a better ideal of where the properties are located. whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/map/inde…

Enjoy!