We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telus Ski and Snowboard festival

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
467 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Telus Ski and Snowboard festival

Has anybody every been to this? I am spending the day in Whistler on the 14th of April and have been told that I might want to consider not leaving at 8:30 that night and instead spend the night at a hotel so that I can see the evening events that will start around 9PM. I have to be at a meeting at 1PM on the 15th which means I would have to leave Whistler the next morning on the 8:10 bus so that I could be in Vancouver on time. I had planned to sightsee in Vancouver the morning of the 15th for 2 hours but if the events on the 14th in Whistler are worth seeing than I will cut out the 2 hours of sightseeing.

Vashon Island, WA...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Telus Ski and Snowboard festival

I have been to the Telus Ski and Snowboard Festival the last couple of years. It is a lot of fun! There are many organized events and the village is generally buzzing. Most of the activities are during the day but they do have afterdark events including the Kokanee Freeride Club Concert Series that starts at 0:00pm (in a different club each evening). There is also a sort of film festival.

Check out The Telus Ski and Snowboard Festival website: http://www.whistler2005.com/

They also have a link to their calendar of events.

The ski and snowboarding events are daytime...

The outdoor concert series is always fun, and it runs from 2:30-5:30 pm.

I think spending the day will be a lot of fun. What you will get after 9pm is more hard partying in the clubs and action in the village, which might be problematic for an early departure... unless you have a strong constitution!