We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

Chicago
10 posts
Save Topic
Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

My best friend and I are going to be driving from where we live in Chicago to Winnipeg and stay there from Aug 1-4. Kind of sucks because its during the week though, and most of the really cool looking nightclubs we're finding are only open on the weekends. Are there any good nightclubs and/or bars that are open on Mondays or Tuesdays? It's going to be during the summer though so I don't know if that'll make a difference...

We're two 21 year old females from Chicago so we're really big into Chicago clubs. We have no budget, but the cheaper, the better, obviously!

Thanks! =)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

You do realize it is Winnipeg right? LOL.

Chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

meaning.....???

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

I'm beyond the nightclub scene and I don't think it would be anything like what you're used to in Chicago. Most young people go to the bars attached to hotels ("meat markets") in Winnipeg. Are you aware that Monday, Aug. 2 is a provincial holiday here? Therefore, you're arriving on a long weekend. If you want to try a truly unique experience while you're in Winnipeg, go to FOLKLORAMA. The dates for it are Aug.1-14 this year. It's a multicultural festival that celebrates many of the countries around the world. Various venues around town host a country for one week. Then the second week, another country is hosted. You can have an inexpensive evening enjoying the food, drinks (alcohol also),culture, and some sort of dance show from countries such as China, Spain, India, Caribbean, Scotland, etc. There are three shows per night, so most people start at one and move on to a second and third venue after that. You can check it out at www.Folkorama.ca

Chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

oh, i know they wont be anything like chicago lol

that folklorama thing sounds really fun im definately checking into it! thanks!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

oops, sorry, bad link Make it: www.folklorama.ca

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,197 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

yes, wrldtvler,

....meaning???

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

Don't worry, some places will be open. You mention you are finding some "cool-looking clubs" -- which ones have you found so far that look interesting to you? Also what kind of music do you like? We can maybe help with some suggestions.

Do you know yet where you are staying while in town?

Chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

well alot of the places ive found so far im either not sure when theyre open or they are only open on weekends. ive read good things about Mezzo, Palamino, Ultra Blush....

music wise... we are into the dance music. techno, house, progressive, euro... that kind of thing.

we are pretty sure we'll be staying at the marlborough hotel. ive read mostly good things about it and it seems good enough for the price. plus its right downtown it looks like??

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

Yes, the Marlborough Hotel is right downtown. It is located one short block off Portage Ave., the main east/west street in Winnipeg. It is near the MTS Centre (our arena) and a few blocks from the Portage Place shopping centre (no great shakes, if you want to do any serious shopping, you'll head straight west on Portage Ave. to Polo Park, about 20 min.). I've seen reasonably good reviews of The Marlborough. It's an older hotel, a little down at the heels, but for the price, it's probably a good choice.

Chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any good nightclubs and/or bars open during the week??

Yea well I figure we're not going to be in the hotel much anyways and I'd rather spend less on a hotel and have more spending money for other things!

Thanks so much for the help! I'm really excited! :)