We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn Questions

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,370 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn Questions

Hi,

My wife and I are going to be visiting Winnipeg for the first time from 5/25-5/30. At the moment, I have a reservation at the Hampton Inn for $82 US. Hotwire is showing a 3* hotel for $45 US. Any idea which hotel it might be?

Also, what's the best way for two people to get to/from the airport and the Hampton Inn? We arrive at YWG at 8:00 PM.

I'm sure I'll more questions later. Thanks in advance.

Ottawa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

I recently stayed there for a wk and find it one of the best in this price range.

Taxi will charge you about $15-17 from Airport to the Hotel. All places you wanted to see or visit are on 10-15 minutes walking distance.

Maz

Ottawa

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

Hi there,

There are a number of hotels in the downtown area of Winnipeg that are likely a 3* so it would be hard to know which hotel Hotwire is referring to. The best way to get to and from the airport if you are not familiar with the city is by taxi. They are always available at the airport.

I'm sure you will enjoy your visit.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,370 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

Thanks for the tips. It looks like I'll have a car for my visit.

I'll wait a while to see if I'll take a chance on Hotwire. With my luck, it'll be the Hampton Inn.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

It might be a good idea to check with the Hampton Inn and see if they have a shuttle that would pick you up at the airport. A number of the downtown hotels do that.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,370 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

Thanks for the advice. We'll need the car for some other things as well.

canada
Level Contributor
7,657 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

In Winnipeg everybody agrees there is no 5* hotels, and all those claiming 4* status are short slightly. This makes almost every hotel a 3*. In other words, subjective 3* is different from objective 3*. If you are driving, I would suggest a location not as congested as downtown, unless you have business there.

YWG/41 miles north...
Level Contributor
379 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

Hotwire is very generous with their star ratings a 3 star is a 2star really. So you're looking at a HOJO or a Super 8 most likely. Winnipegs transit system is a joke so unless you want to spend 1 hr or more on a city bus I would recommend taking a cab downtown which should take about 15 min and set you back $15 bucks. Cabs are waiting right outside the main doors of the terminal. Or if you want to impress you're special lady you can take one of the stretch limos parked next to the cabs for about $30.

Have a super good time.

The Sun is to heat as I am to truth.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,370 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

I've decided to keep my original Hampton Inn reservation. In fact it just went down $7/night!

clearwater, MB
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

I have recently stayed at the Hampton Inn. The room was nice and clean . They have a very good breakfast room with a good serve yourself breakfast. The staff was very helpful in recomending some excellent restaurnts near by for dinning. If you go to their web site you can map your way to the Hotel. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,370 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hampton Inn Questions

Great! Thanks for the update.

Get answers to your questions about Winnipeg
Recent Conversations