We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport transfers

I've got an overnight at Humphry Inn & Suites in September on route to Churchill and wonder what the cheapest, safe way would be for a single female to transfer from the airport as is looks to be quite a way to get a taxi? Also, only have 1 full day so any pointers as to what should be top of the sightseeing list would be appreciated - Thanks

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

It's a 20 minute cab ride ... but public transit would take you close to an hour. I'd take a cab.

See the airport website for info on taxi rates, etc.

www.waa.ca/location/othertransportation

Edited: 14 August 2014, 22:28
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

+1 for a cab...

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
603 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

Your best bet is to get a taxi. The Humphrey Inn is quite close to The Forks, the #1 tourist site in Winnipeg. You can walk to it in about 10 minutes. There are lots of interesting things to see there, a number of restaurants, and shops. You could easily spend half a day there. You might also find the Manitoba Museum interesting. It's about a 15 minute walk from the hotel or there is a free bus that runs around the downtown on weekdays. I think it's called the Downtown Spirit. Check Winnipeg Transit for the schedule.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

I agree, take a cab. Visit The Forks, the Exchange District for interesting shops and restaurants, the Manitoba Museum, the Art Gallery. Lots to keep you busy right in that area within walking distance.

Edited: 15 August 2014, 21:43
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

We live close to your hotel. Taxi and tip should be about $25 one way. Depending on when in September you are here, the new Canadian museum for human rights might be open. It will be the first of its kind in the world and 5 minute walk from the hotel.

6. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Winnipeg
Recent Conversations