We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 Vacation

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
2011 Vacation

My husband I are planning a driving sightseeing trip to PEI, NS and New Brunswick. We are seniors who will have approximately 12 days including traveling time. I have also posted this on the other provinces forums.

1. If we want to see some of each province where would you recommend we visit in New Brunswick?

2. Are there must sees that we would be disappointed in not visiting?

3. Are there specific hotel/motels in these areas that are reasonably priced for seniors.

4. Is there a best time of year to visit as far as weather conditions and avoiding large crowds.

I so appreciate your help in planning our first Eastern trip.

Thank you

Waterside, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2011 Vacation

Hi cdncrafter

I'm sure the experts are going to jump in here soon but here are my suggestions. Driving from Ontario to the Maritimes will take at least 2 days each way so that's only going to leave you 8 days here and this won't be enough to see or do everything that the Maritimes has to offer. Wine-4-2 did a similar trip this summer so she may be able to give you some suggestions.

There are 3 major tourist regions in New Brunswick:

- the Saint John River Valley which offers the Grand Falls Gorge, the Hartland covered bridge, King's Landing and the city of Fredericton.

- the Acadian Coast which offers the Acadian Historical Village, Kouchibouguac National Park, le Pays de la Sagouine, Shediac and Parlee Beach.

- the Fundy Coast which offers the Fundy Isles, St. Andrews, Saint John and the Reversing Falls, St. Martins and the Fundy Trail, Fundy National Park, Cape Enrage, the Hopewell Rocks, Magnetic Hill and Magic Mountain in Moncton and the historic Memramcook Valley.

This is just New Brunswick and you'll soon see that the list from PEI and Nova Scotia is just as great on larger. I'm sure they'll suggest skipping the other regions and spending all your time in their areas but you can see something in each province if you set priorities. It's early so you have plenty of time to decide what you want to see in each province.

Edited: 19 September 2010, 17:36
Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2011 Vacation

Thank you. I'm sure you are right. We will have to sit down and try to figure out the best route and maybe just pick a few highlights to see. We might be able to squeeze in another couple of days but that would be it. It is so hard when you know this most likely will be the only time we get to take this trip. I am so looking forward to it. I haven't been any further east than Montreal.. Thank you so much for your kind help.

3. Re: 2011 Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 16:14
Moncton, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2011 Vacation

Hi there cndcrafter -

That's great to hear that you're thinking of stopping by New Brunswick on your road trip!

I think ejohn80 had some great advice about what the different areas have to offer, and I'll second his opinion that Fundy National Park and the Hopewell Rocks are not to be missed.

As far as specific hotels/motels, you might want to check out our website. You can browse hotels across the province through it, and can easily sort them by price and location to suit your needs: http://tourismnewbrunswick.ca

Lastly, the fall is a wonderful time to drive through New Brunswick. For an example of what I mean, please see the photos we uploaded to our Flickr account recently (photos were taken last season):

I hope that helps!

Let us know if we can help you out in any other way.

on behalf of Tourism and Parks New Brunswick

5. Re: 2011 Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 06:38