We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

ancaster ontario...
Level Contributor
177 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

We're flying into Moncton at the end of September to visit my Dad in Fredericton. (way too pricey to fly into Fredericton) He's not able to pick us up at the airport so we've called car rentals, limo companies, taxis etc. to see if we can find a way to Fredericton from the airport. All were prohibitively expensive. Any suggestions as to how we can do this without breaking the bank? Thanks so much.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

http://www.acadianbus.com/search.aspx

Have you looked into taking the bus? Schedule and fare is attached

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

The bus is the way I would normally suggest but you do say 'we' and that case the bus fare could be as much as the cab depending on how many of you there are. Google Moncton Cabs (not limo a regular cab) and get a quote.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

A cab from Moncton to Fredericton will probably cost in the $100-$150 range. The bus is $43 one way, but the bus station in Moncton is nowhere near the airport. You'll have to cab from the airport to the bus station, and hope that your flight somewhat coincides with the two buses daily that depart Moncton to Fredericton.

Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Roberto confirms what I said - that if there are 2/3 of you it might be the same cost ( and much simpler) to get a cab.

ancaster ontario...
Level Contributor
177 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Great ideas. We (there are 2 of us) are investigating all the possibilities. I'll let you know what we find out. Thanks

ancaster ontario...
Level Contributor
177 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Well we considered all the options and decided to fly from Toronto to Fredericton eliminating the need for the transport from Moncton. It is more expensive but I think it would have ended up being about the same cost when we figured in the price to get us from Moncton to Fredericton and then back again a week later. Thanks to all who posted. Trip Advisor really is incredibly helpful when you are travelling. I'll pay it forward.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Glad to hear you were able to find the best option for you. The Maritime provinces really doesn't have the population to support great public transportation services. Hope you have a nice visit with your dad.

Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Glad to hear you found a solution. You can sometimes get good fares to fredericton. to help others would you tell us what you found for prices?

Hope you have a good visit.

ancaster ontario...
Level Contributor
177 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Air Canada had a bit of a seat sale but no great prices to Fredericton. (great prices to Moncton though) We paid $421.77 per person from Toronto to Fredericton.

Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive one way from Moncton to Fredericton?

Ouch!!! We just drove to Halifax to fly to Europe as it was $600 cheaper than flying out of Fredericton. Otherwise F'ton is a very nice place!!!