We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time of year to visit New Brunswick

Scarsdale, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Time of year to visit New Brunswick

I'd love to visit New Brunswick - including its most mountainous areas. What time of year is best - climate-wise (& bug-wise)?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,764 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time of year to visit New Brunswick

The anwer to that is confusing as the best times for no bugs IMO is May and Aug/Sept but I would have to say June and Sept are best for climate as may can be a little cool and July/Aug can be a bit warm/humid.

If you want to head to the hiil (really they are only called mountains) then Sept would be the best IMO.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time of year to visit New Brunswick

Hi Scarsdale!

Our peak months for biting insects in rural areas are, generally speaking:

- May-June -- black flies

- June- July -- mosquitoes

- July-August -- deer flies

Do not take this as hard and fast. Mosquitoes, for example, persist later near the coast and also make an evening appearance daily in the sunset hour all summer long.

Like to know our best-kept travel secret? September! By September, nearly all the biters are gone. The days stay mild, but the summer heat and humidity are past, and there's little chance for the sea fog that frequently spoils spring and early summer mornings along the Atlantic- and Fundy-facing coasts. Thanks to daylight saving time, sundown is still around 7:30 p.m. with light until 8.

In September the lion's share of the summer vacation tourists have gone home. Motels and tourist attractions stay open though, so you get the benefit of plenty of choice and possibly off-season rates. The very first leaves will start changing color in the north in the second week of September, later in the south.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Edited: 02 March 2012, 17:51
Scarsdale, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time of year to visit New Brunswick

Thank you for a very informative piece - I guess I'll have to wait for September, since bugs find me delicious!

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,764 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time of year to visit New Brunswick

Many will agree that September is the best month here.

5. Re: Time of year to visit New Brunswick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:55
Get answers to your questions about New Brunswick