We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint John Accommodation?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Saint John Accommodation?

Does anyone know of a nice and inexpensive place to stay in Saint John NB? How about night life at the end of June?

Andrea

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint John Accommodation?

Hi Andrea!

Here's an inexpensive idea, with the emphasis on inexpensive.

Manawagonish Road in western St. John, New Brunswick. The old main highway used to run through here, and 1960s era motels proliferated. Once they built the new St. John Harbor Bridge and the Route 1 freeway, Manawagonish became a backwater, sad for the motel keepers but good news for the bargain-minded.

The western half of Manawagonish is numbered as Route 100. The eastern half of the road has no number, but Google Maps and your GPS will locate it easily enough. There's around ten such places today, where you can usually get a double room for $70 a night or less. My favorite is the Hillside Motel, but I'm not a shill for this place, and I emphasize that there's lots of competition.

Not all these motels will meet every single exacting taste, but they suit me, because I like simple, inexpensive places. Also, you'll need a car to appreciate them. On the other hand, they all have free parking, drive up to the door of your unit style, which I prefer over pricy downtown places that charge for parking and then force you to hike through a maze to get to your car should you realize that you left something you need in the trunk.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

2. Re: Saint John Accommodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:17