We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Monday hours

Calgary
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Monday hours

Hi there

We are flying from Calgary to Halifax and then will be travelling from Halifax to Alma on Monday, Oct 14, as we read it is the last day the Hopewell Rocks Centre will be open for the season. My question is regarding food that day - will restaurants and cafes be open that day, as it is Thanksgiving Monday, from Sackville to Alma? Is there a provincial regulation or is it up to individual businesses? Just wondering if we should pack our meals for that day. We will be staying in a B&B in Alma. Can't wait to see New Brunswick!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,167 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Monday hours

fast food places I'm sure will be open, but individual, small business places, I'm sure will be closed for sure...

Calgary
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Monday hours

Ok, thanks, tdsuperstar.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,809 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Monday hours

Hi Calgary!

Big stores in New Brunswick will all be closed on Canadian Thanksgiving Monday (second Monday of October, the 14th in 2013). This includes big supermarkets.

All restaurants and eateries remain open. Likewise convenience stores, pharmacies, and bookstores (some of which serve coffee and snacks).

Happy travels!

David

4. Re: Thanksgiving Monday hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:38