We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop in August

Which Saint John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Cruise stop in August

I'm traveling to Saint John during a cruise stop next week. I was a bit surprised by the weather forecast. It seems to get a bit chilly at night. Any suggestions for activites with my 3 year old.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stop in August

On normal July and August evenings in Maritime Canada, the low temperature for the day is around 60 degrees F, sometimes dropping as low as 50 F, sometimes staying in the upper 60s on the stickiest nights. You were expecting warmer, for Canada?

Right now, for example, 6 a.m. on August 11th, it,s 58 F.

By the way, regardless of what Al Gore may be telling you, the first eleven years of the Twenty-first Century we have seen the coolest summers in 40 years in Maritime Canada. With the exception of 2010, which was an unusually warm one, all the summers of the 21st Century have been at or below normal here. For example, in 2011 we're in our fourth straight week with daytime temperatures over several days not reaching 70 F. That's unseasonable for us, remarkably so, and everyone is griping about it.

About all I can say to make you (and all the people in Maritime Canada) feel a bit better is that in the weather, like the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future yields!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stop in August

I'll be arriving on a cruise next week too. We're looking for a nice restaurant to have lunch, something featuring seafood/lobster. Maybe something off the beaten path that tourists normally wouldn't go to. Any suggestions?

St. Stephen
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stop in August

Billy's Seafood in the Saint John Market

4. Re: Cruise stop in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 20:17