We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

español en ca
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

I went with my husband, only for one day, because we went on a cruise. You don´t need to book a tour, in the Pier where the ship is, you can buy a ticket per US$5.00, that takes you for all the city, and makes all the stops in the main places, the whole day. It´s a special line of buses 8A, and you get some discounts when the people realized that you bought that. There are many places, but you can´t miss Bay of Fundy, Victorian House (Beautiful),The Market Square where you can find everything!!!, The New Brunswick Museum and you have to go to the uptown where are many historic properties house boutiques, special souvenirs, restaurants and shops, you´ll enjoy just walking around.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

Hello, thank you for this post. We will be cruising there in a few months and I'm looking for things to do that don't cost too much money.

Did this $5 bus do a loop so you can ride it around, see everything, then get off and get back to the ship? Do you remember what the name of the bus company is so I can look it up, or is it the regular public city bus?

español en ca
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

I don't remember the name, the number is 8A, maybe You can look in Internet, but when You get off , you can sal and three aré places that give You the information and You can but tour tickets

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

You'll want to see the Reversing Falls IMO, it's close to downtown and no doubt there will be public transportation that goes there, but I would investigate it for sure...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

Thank you all for the tips. I will do my research on the 8A bus to see if it makes a loop. I think the Reversing Falls is close enough to the port that we can walk but it would probably be nice to take a bus that looped around too.

Thank you!

5. Re: It´s a lovely place with many sites to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 05:15