We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private tour in st john

Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
private tour in st john

Anyone know of

A private tour driver in st John. We are there for 8 hours coming in on a cruise

phila
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: private tour in st john

remember the time difference when setting up your private tour

2. Re: private tour in st john

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 00:05
3. Re: private tour in st john

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 22:05
Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private tour in st john

Hi ...have you made it to Saint John yet. There are taxi tour guides in the terminal. When you get to the terminal, there is a table near the washrooms that has guides and prices to take a tour. Great female guides are available.

phila
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: private tour in st john

We are back from Saint John. I guess because of the full moon we arrived with the tides being high and there were not going to be low during the time we were there. We ventured off the ship and walked around the side streets. There is a mini flea market to the left of the pier. All hand crafted items. Cheap too. Walking distance to many other things. The police museum is all of 5 minutes of your time. Freak Lunch Box was way too expensive.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private tour in st john

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to Canada and New England. Before we left, I set up an all-day (6+ hours) tour with Roy Flowers, originally contacting him through his website: http://roystours.webs.com/

We had a wonderful tour and we got to see all of the sites we'd expected and more. Roy is very entertaining and made our day memorable. His prices were reasonable at $50 per hour.

Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: private tour in st john

we used Roys Tours http://www.roystours.webs.com/, but would not recommend it. Roy's banter failed to emphasize the noteworthy aspects of the town and surrounding areas, and he opined about political issues inappropriately, displaying an unsavory racist intolerance. We didn't really see the Bay of Funday tides because of the timing of our trip in connection with high/low tides, and basically didn't hit many of the highlights showns in his website description. Very disappointing.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private tour in st john

What is best time to see Falls on October 20th?

Saint John, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: private tour in st john

The best time to see the Falls on October 20th would be at 1:30pm, that is when it will be at high tide, therefore they will be reversing.

Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private tour in st john

We just took the tour with Roy of Roy's Tours. We were a group of 6 and our tour included the reversing falls.. morning for outbound tide and afternoon for reverse. We saw the Bay of Fundy, the caves and Fundy Trail. Although Fundy Trail closes for the season after the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday, Roy was able to connect with someone in the right place and got the key to the road gates. We were the only tour on our ship that was able to see Fundy Trail. While I enjoyed the tour, the mini van is way too small for 6 people. I would not advise any more than 5 small people. The ladies in the back seats felt trapped, but were the smallest and graciously volunteered to squeeze in. If there is anyone in your group with mobility issues, I would limit the number of participants to 3 and skip the back seat all together ( the middle seats didn't slide forward to allow easier access). Roy is very proud of his area and we found him to be pleasant, but felt the tour would have been better at no more than 4-5 hours tops. I recommend this tour with the stated caveat.

Get answers to your questions about Saint John
Recent Conversations