We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

I would like to visit Newfoundland and Labrador this summer with my family. I have never been there. We are hoping to rent a summer home on a beach, close enough to town to cycle to. We like old pubs, dance halls, good food, nature etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice place to go?

Mentioned in this post
Newfoundland
Newfoundland
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Labrador
Labrador
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

Get a copy of Lonely Planet Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island. It has a lot of information about Newfoundland and Labrador in it.

Have a look at this website:

http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/

Get a copy of 2010 Traveller's Guide Labrador and Newfoundland by clicking on "order Traveller's guides' from menu on left hand side and fill in the form.

This has details of accommodation, different driving routes and details of things to do.

Eleanor

Mentioned in this post
Newfoundland
Newfoundland
Labrador
Labrador
Newfoundland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

You should check out Eastport, it’s a beautiful town with an amazing sandy beach and several rental properties. Also, next week there's a new website being launched for that area called

http://www.AdventureCentralNewfoundland.ca

You may want to check that out as well.

Edited: 12 February 2010, 16:28
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

TO SBP767,

I see that you are new to posting in the TRAVEL FORUMS... please be aware that as per the TA GUIDELINES that if you have any affiliation with the Website that you have posted that you can certainly post the info... BUT you must include a Declaration stating your affiliation upfront to Travellers.

Otherwise, the TA "Owls" (Moderators) can determine it to be Advertising / SPAM... and the post could be Removed / Deleted or Closed entirely.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

Thanks All for the information. Great tips, please keep them coming.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

I strongly suggest you get a good guidebook, send off to Nfld Tourism for their tourism guide, do some research and then come back here. Newfoundland is huge and for the most part quite different from the rest of Atlantic Canada.

cheers- Jerry

Mentioned in this post
Newfoundland
Newfoundland
6. Re: HELP New to Newfoundland and Labrador -Summer Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 05:17