We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

We will have 3 days based in Trinity beg of June, before heading to St John's.

I have looked through the forum and am looking for help finalizing an itinerary. For sure the Skerwink trail - although any other hiking should be gentle.

We will have a car and would like to drive around the area.

If there are still icebergs, puffins or whales that would be a bonus.

1 day - historical walking tour & Skerwink trail

1 day - drive - where??

1 day Boat tour

Rising Tide Theatre doesn't open until day after we leave - any other suggestions for evening programs and restaurants

Thanks - help is appreciated

Edited: 29 May 2012, 06:48
Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

I would suggest driving up to Bonavista, it is nearby.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

Don't miss Random Passage Film set at New Bonavista. It is a fascinating insight into life in an 18thC fishing village. While there you can also do the walk to Kerley's Harbour and maybe as far as British Harbour. There is also the Rugged Beauty Boat trips. This makes a really good day out.

Information here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g154962-c161221/New…

The other alternative is as Doggles suggests - Bonavista (visit Ryan Premises and the lighthouse)

www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/nl/ryan/index.aspx

seethesites.ca/the-sites/cape-bonavista-ligh…

and link with a visit to Elliston for the puffins and root cellars.

http://www.rootcellars.com/

3. Re: 3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 22:12
St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

From EESW: "Don't miss Random Passage Film set at New Bonavista".

Random Passage is in New Bonaventure. It should be open in early June. I just love it, it's a great glimpse into early NL life.

I also recommend driving back through Route 235 as you pass through several small communities with some beautiful views - very scenic. To find this route, you drive past the Ryan Premises to John Cabot Drive and then this leads into Route 235.

As the OP also said, Elliston with the puffin colony and the root cellars is also worth a visit. There is a nice beach there, but in early June it would probably be chilly!!

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

Oops thanks for correcting me janidd - it is New Bonaventure!

6. Re: 3 days in Trinity help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:41