We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's St John's

Tampa
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
B&B's St John's

I will be in Newfoundland in July primarily doing personal amateur photography. Therein lies my problem. I will be spending two days in St John's but those days are very flexible right now and will be so up until about 48 hours ahead of time.

For example, if I see the weather is going to be good I will NOT be in town. Rather, I will be at St Mary's or Witless Bay or something like that.

It is only me and I have a car.

Therefore I would like to bring with me a "cheat sheet" of well recommended B&B's in St john's that I can call for reservations as I approach the date. It makes no sense to make reservations as many have strict cancellation policies. I also realize a lot of B&B's are reserved way ahead of time but I may luck out and get someone else's cancellation.

My expected arrival dates in St John's will be between 10-16 July.

Am I barking up the wrong tree by asking to do things this way?

Any help is appreciated.

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B's St John's

During the month of July the metro area will not to have any vacancies. I would suggest if you want to wing it and start booking places 48 hrs before arrival I would make a list of B&B's outside the metro area as a back up plan.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
188 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B's St John's

Hi,

if you spend some days in Witless bay I really recommend Elaine's B&B. It's great. One of the best B&B of our trip. On the contrary, the B&B at st john's was very expensive and quite disappointing. You can take a look at my reviews.

Hope this helps.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B's St John's

There are no major conventions in that week although it is generally a very busy time for leisure travel. Do you have your car rental secured? If not please do so ASAP. Here is a link to B&Bs, INNs. You'll also find a link to Boutique hotels as well as chain properties.

destinationstjohns.com/accommodations/…

If you require information on accommodation in the short term you can follow destinationsj facebook page. Last minute openings are posted there.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 20:10
Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B's St John's

See if they site will help you out :

www.bbcanada.com/newfoundland/avalon_region

Pecatonica, Illinois
Level Contributor
416 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B's St John's

We, too, would second the suggestion for Elaine's. Amazing B & B and really friendly innkeeper. We just stayed at the Comfort Inn the night we were leaving St. Johns. I believe you can cancel there before 6:00 P>M> with no penalty, so you might want to try a hotel so you can cancel if need be.

Tampa
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B's St John's

Thanks, William. Great idea.

7. Re: B&B's St John's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:17