We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Newfoundland

4 posts
Save Topic
Toronto to Newfoundland

I am looking to travel with a 9 month old from Toronto Newfoundland. I am looking for advise on where to stay, eat, attractions, all of that. Looking to do this in two weeks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
775 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

Budget? Flying to NFLD? driving?? How long to you plan to be in NFLD for? What are your interests? Museums? History?? nature?? City/rural? Types of cuisines you like??

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

TD, you're my man. I could not have written it better!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

And you want to do this (whatever this is) in just two weeks from NOW? Like the beginning of THIS September? Your option for renting a car may be very limited or perhaps non-existent. Since you will be almost into September you may get lucky finding accommodations, then again there may be no room at the inn(s). You're on the tail end of "tourist season" but the province will still be relatively busy with visitors.

Newfoundland is a place where many (not all) people book things far in advance especially rental cars and also the nicer B&Bs and hotels. Best of luck! As has already been mentioned without knowing your likes, wants, needs, we won't be able to assist you much.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

Haha sorry I was a little tired when I wrote this. I would be interested in a variety of things, nature, city. Im not leaving in two weeks.... I meant to say I am going for two weeks. As for cuisines. .. I am not fussy but I would love a nice place to have lobster.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

Haha sorry I was a little tired when I wrote this. I would be interested in a variety of things, nature, city. Im not leaving in two weeks.... I meant to say I am going for two weeks. As for cuisines. .. I am not fussy but I would love a nice place to have lobster.

I also will be driving for this trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
775 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

Two weeks with driving, I'd concentrate on the Avalon....stick to St. John's, eat plenty of fish there...not sure about lobster, that's more a Nova Scotia and PEI phenomenon...

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

You're outside of lobster season now so you won't find local. Lots of other seafood around though :)

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

When is lobster season?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

The dates for lobster season vary somewhat across the province but usually early May until early July.

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toronto to Newfoundland

Check out the Trip Reports linked on the right hand side of your screen.

Trip Reports are fellow TA traveller's itineraries and tips from their trips to this area. Trip Reports will give you a great jumping off point. Chances are you are probably interested in many of the same things the TA members have written about.

Build the frame work of your trip and then post follow up questions to flesh it out- We love to help!