We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morning eats in Trinity

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
morning eats in Trinity

Can anyone recommend a place for morning coffee and a light breakfast in or near Trinity? We're staying at a B&B nearby where the breakfast is a lot of extra $$ and too heavy for us. We're generally early-risers and would like to get an early start for day trips around the Trinity/Bonavista area.

I know that we're probably in the minority, but in general we try to avoid B&Bs that feature the large 'gourmet' breakfasts. Unfortunately these seem to predominate in much of Newfoundland.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: morning eats in Trinity

Welcome to the St. John's Forum!

Off hand i a, not sure (grew up in St. John's and spent a lot of time exploring the Rock with my folks).

Where exactly are you staying in Trinity? I can ask my father (very knowledgable on this kind of sttuff in the smaller Newfoundland communities.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: morning eats in Trinity

Any b and b would cater to your requests. I was under the assumption that b and b included breakfast.

Anyhow, if you go out of Trinity back to 239, and hang a left, (instead of a right to go to 230) there is a small breakfast place just on the right hand side, past the western petroleum. I can't remember the name of the place, but it is easily seen when you leave trinity and turn left. They serve many different breakfasts, and I am sure that you will find something that suits you.

I go to Trinity often and will be going this week. When I find the name of the place, i will post again. But as I said, it is easy to find.

I hope that your stay in Trinity is a good one. Email me if you have any concerns/thoughts about the area.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: morning eats in Trinity

Thanks for that post. We've changed places to something more suitable for us closer to Bonavista. Can't wait to go!

4. Re: morning eats in Trinity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 05:17