We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nova Scotia and Cape Breton

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nova Scotia and Cape Breton

We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton this year - 2011. We are looking at mid September. What kind of weather can we expect? Do you think we (two) can get by without making hotel/b&b reservations and just use Moon or another tour book as our guide for places to stay?

Thank you for any help and information.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nova Scotia and Cape Breton

You would b better asking this question in the Nova Scotia forum.

Have you got a copy of the Nova Scotia Guide "Doers and Dreamers"?

https:/…default.aspx

If not order one now.and use it to choose accommodation. All the properties have been inspected by NS tourist board and you can be sure they are accurate and up to date descriptions. There have been complaints on TA about accommodation which is not listed in the guide and was not of the standard expected.

In places where there is a lot of accommodation you can probably risk not booking in advance. In places where there is limited choice you may have problems.

Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nova Scotia and Cape Breton

Thanks you. Yes I do have a copy df Doers and Dreamers.

This is my first time of using tripadvisor to ask questions. I'm not sure how to get into the Nova Scotia forum but I will try to figure it out..

What about the weather? If we waited until late Sept. or early Oct. would the tree leaves be turning then? Would that be a better time to go or will too rainy. I'm assuming the weather is going to be similar to ours in the Northwest.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nova Scotia and Cape Breton

You can find the Nova Scotia Forum here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g154967-i326-Nov…

We had a week in Nova Scotia at the end of September last year. We had one superb day with bright blue skies and sunshine and one very wet day. The rest of the time was dull and grey with quite poor visibility. It was also humid which played havoc with my osteoarthritis. Apparently the soldiers in Louisbourg had similar problems!

We also experienced two hurricanes in Newfoundland during September - Earl and Igor. The guide books don't mention them....

The trees were beginning to change when we left but needed another week to ten days to reach their full glory.

If you are wanting to be there for the autumn colours you will need to book accommodation now as it does get very busy then.

4. Re: Nova Scotia and Cape Breton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 23:17